Monday, April 22, 2013

Breaking Barriers

The last couple days have been RED LETTER days for me!

First, I changed every number on the scale! YAY, me! I'm now down 16 pounds and the scale reads 199! Now I know that the scale is not the end all, be all to getting healthy. Getting healthy really is my goal. However, I really had to fight the urge to yell, "Take that,  you jack-legged son of biscuit eater!" You know...because the scale has been my enemy forever.  Then I did my booty shakin' happy dance in the front yard. I do mean that literally.

Second, I went on my first run today. I loaded the Couch to 5K app to my phone and am using that. It's C25K Free by Zen Labs, in case you were wondering. Now this doesn't start you out running. Day 1 is 30 minutes. You warm up for 5 minutes, then you alternate running for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes. You end with a 5 minute cool-down. That last 60-90-60 combo was killer. But I made it! I ran every time it said run. I stopped 10 seconds short on one of the run cycles just ONE time. JUST ONE! I am SO proud of myself!! Of course, my partner in crime was with me. I don't know if it was easier for Heather or not, but if it wasn't she faked it well :) She didn't seem to struggle with it as much as I did. It was nice to have her there for that last 60-90-60, too. The encouragement really helped! Yay, us!!

I will leave you with a recipe today. It is super good and does things for tuna that I didn't know were possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment